Wednesday, September 29, 2010

WHAT WHAT?!?!?!






Yeah, that's right...another post within the same month! It's like someone else has taken over my body. Insanity, I know.
We are getting settled in the new house and are LOVING it! The extra space really does make a world of difference when you have a little one. And Donovan is so industrious! He goes to Lowe's and Walmart all the time, picking up little things to "improve" the house. Malik and I have discovered all the great home good deals that can be found at Ross and Homegoods (part of TJ Maxx). Sometimes you have to pick through things, but you can find some sweet deals! I got a shower curtain, liner, rod, and hanger things at Ross the other day for $12!!! And they are cute too! The cheapest setup from Walmart for all those things was $22, so I felt really proud of myself. We've also acquired quite a few things from my friend Heather. She gave us some indoor plants, artwork, mirrors, etc. to decorate with. Donovan commented "It feels as though we are living in a jungle, with fine artwork hanging from the trees". Foliage does make all the difference in a house though!
Little Meeks is doing well. He is involved in so many little classes and groups...I don't really know what I'm going to do when he actually is older and wants to participate in things! He really is the boss around here. His current favorite things are cars. Heather also hooked us up with a car rug, with streets and a little town on it. He loves zooming his cars all over it and making noises. He shouts out "CARRRRR" all the time, and he loves pretending to drive daddies car. I think he is a very smart boy (but don't all moms?) and he is learning so many new things every day. Life is fun right now.
I am staying busy with work and I have recently started to bake/cook more. I've never been able to make good chocolate chip cookies, but I found a great recipe and have been baking up a storm. I think the neighbors like it, because I always make too many and give them away! This week, I am going to attempt to do some amazing things with butternut and spaghetti squash. Wish me luck!
I hope everyone else is doing well. We will see if I can keep up this pace with updates! Keep your fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Angela Henderson said...

Baby girl, once again Im proud you updated your blog, it is good to see that little man. he is such a cutie. Cant wait to see your place. Let me know how the new recipes turn out, I might want to try those.

Unknown said...

It's so hard for me to believe that Malik is so old and so big!! But it's been a full YEAR since I was out there visiting you! Crazy! I wish we could see each other more often! Love you!