Saturday, February 27, 2010

CRAZY WINTER






Yes, it has been a while since I have updated our blog. Trust me, I haven't been just hanging out eating bonbons. We have had quite the winter. While we haven't been bombarded with horrible weather like most, we have been at the mercy of quite a few bouts with illnesses. I could go over the sordid details of all of them, but let's just stick to the worst one. Apparently, Malik is allergic to ammoxicyllin. He woke up one morning covered in the worst hives I have ever seen! He started struggling to breath, so we rushed him to the doctor. Everyone in the practice had to come take a look at them because they had never seen a little guy look so bad! Poor Malik! And little did we know that he was cutting his first 2 teeth at the same time! We got him a steroid shot, and it started to go away. He is doing much better now. He is always really happy and he just jabbers away all day!
Donovan and I are doing well, really busy with new callings at church and with work. Donovan just got a bicycle and he is enjoying getting out and going on little rides here and there. We are planning on going out to Red Rock Canyon with it and maybe doing some family hiking also, when the weather improves. We are really enjoying Vegas. A lot of people come here, so we have been able to see a lot of friends we haven't seen in a long time! Anyone is welcome to come see us!

3 comments:

jasnbon said...

He is a cutie! It was great to see some new pictures. Morgan is allergic to penicillin and cephalosporins and he had the purple hives all over his body and he actually got so bad there was a whistling noise when he would breathe, it is so scary! Luke is also allergic to penicillin, I knew what to look for with him though so he never got nearly as bad of a reaction. I would love to come visit you sometime, but that takes money!

Mel Z La Downs said...

Malik is growing up fast. He is so cute. I wish I had a magic carpet, I would come and visit.
Mel Z

Ansley Alejandra Godwin said...

Mischa, he is a cutie!! I can't wait to meet him and all of the family :)